Introduction to Upstream Processing
What is Upstream Processing? Learn all about the basic principles of upstream processing in biotechnology with this practical training course. And practice the upstream processing techniques yourself in a realistic production environment.
- 1 day
- Course fee
- € 895 (excl. VAT)
What can you expect from this Upstream Processing training course?
This training course provides all background information needed to fully understand the processes and problems that may arise during the Upstream Processing part of the production of biopharmaceutical products.
The theory section explains the basis of various aspects that are essential for the Upstream Processing part of production of biopharmaceutical products. Various important techniques are discussed.
The practical part of this course takes place in a real production environment, allowing the participants to perform various techniques of Upstream Processing themselves and in addition experience the importance of working in a cleanroom.
This course can be followed in combination with the training course Introduction into Downstream Processing (1 day)
After the training course, the participants have knowledge of:
- the different process steps that are important for the Upstream Procesiing part of production of (bio)pharmaceutical products
- basic principles of cell culture
- basic principles of the propagation of viruses
- construction and maintenance of a cell bank/seed lot
- pharmaceutical microbiology
- basic principles of working in a cleanroom
Who should follow this Upstream training course?
- Anyone who wants to know more about the Upstream Processing of biopharmaceutical production. These may include for instance production operators, QA, Regulatory Affairs staff and auditors.
- This course is also intended for QC analysts and validation staff who want to increase their knowledge about upstream production of biotechnological products.
Not the training course you were looking for?
See our other courses on biopharmaceutical production processes:
Semih Ekimler (Biotech Training Facility)
Ciriel Bhikhie (Adryan Consultants)
Nancy de Jong (Biotech Training Facility)
Biopharmaceutical Production & Upstream Processing
• In what do biotechnological products differ from chemical-pharmaceutical products (small molecules)?
• What are microorganisms?
Cleanroom Principles/Upstream Processing
Various techniques needed to grow bacterial and mammalian cells, including:
- Tue 19 Oct
Keep me up to date
Leave your e-mail address to receive a notification when new training dates become available.
Your e-mail address will not be used for other purposes.
Need help? Have a question or a suggestion maybe?
Drop us a line below or call us on
+31 (0) 88 283 01 00.