Sterilization - too Hot to Handle?
In hospitals and in the pharmaceutical industry, the department where materials are cleaned, disinfected and sterilized, plays a crucial role.
- 2 dagen
- Course fee
- € 1695 (excl. VAT)
The sterility of the materials being used during operations and the manufacturing of pharmaceutical drugs, can be a matter of life and death. Next to mechanical activities, a number of human actions have to be performed that require a high degree of expertise and a critical attitude from the personnel involved.
Therefore, the following aspects will be amply discussed:
- Assess and test the functionality of the machines
- Critically judge the status and functioning of materials before the start of the sterilization process
- Critically evaluate the data obtained from the sterilization cycles.
- Perform a correct registration in order to be able to identify and trace the complete sterilization process of materials.
Besides the routine activities, we will also focus on a number of practical cases and how to deal with them. During this course we will make use of a washing machine, a vial washing machine, an autoclave and a hot air sterilizer.
- Gain insight into the theoretical background of the various machines
- Know the critical parameters for cleaning, packaging and sterilizing of materials
- Know how to perform a first-line root cause analysis in case of deviations
Staff working in the pharmaceutical and medical industry and in hospitals who, professionally, are or will be involved in sanitizing and sterilizing materials.
Background of the exit contamination of different types of microorganisms and their impact on patient safety. Cleaning and disinfection methods. Packaging methods, indicators, loads.
In the classified area we put the theory into practice by discussing the different types of cleaning techniques and letting the participants execute a correct root cause analysis on the basis of practical cases. The method used is the M6 cause and effect analysis.
Sterilisation methods, advantages and disadvantages of the different techniques. Steam sterilization, background of the process, critical parameters.
In the classified area we put the theory into practice by discussing the different types of sterilization techniques and letting the participants execute a correct root cause analysis on the basis of practical cases. The method used is the M6 cause and effect analysis.
Tue 8 Sep
Wed 9 Sep
- Tue 8 Sep
Keep me up to date
Leave your e-mail address to receive a notification when new training dates become available.
Your e-mail address will not be used for other purposes.
Need help? Have a question or a suggestion maybe?
Drop us a line below or call us on
+31 (0) 88 283 01 00.